Monday 11 January 2016

Week 1 Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme

 Week 1 of 21 Day Fix Extreme complete & feeling amazing!  I am more energized than ever and am seeing results already.  Above are my photos from day one. My goal for this Challenge is to maintain my weight, but gain strength and muscle definition. I prefer to only weigh myself and take photos on Day 1 and on Day 21.

Before I started the Challenge I went and purchased some workout clothes as my motivation.  I knew this Challenge was going to be my toughest one yet.  I knew I would be pushing myself out of my comfort zone to get the results I want, so I needed all the motivation I can get (outside of the Challenge Group that is)  New clothes always help!  Plus these were all on sale 50-70% off, so it was a win-win! (#frugalmom)



 I always shied away from meal plans before because I absolutely detest feeling deprived and hungry.  I thought I would give it a try because I wanted to maintain my weight, not lose and wanted to make sure I was eating enough.  To be completely honest there are some days I struggle to fit everything in that I am supposed to eat because it feels like so much food! (which I don't mind!)  I love the color coded meal planning containers! I love the flexibility and the simple meal planning. Below are just some of the things I ate over the last week that I remembered to snap pictures of! I also  liked that I was able to eat what every one else did most days (did not have to cook separate meals) All I needed to do was portion out to see how many containers I was eating to track each food group. 



Cucumbers with Avocado & salsa (guacamole the easy way) with a dash of grey sea salt, prepper and apple cider vinegar.




Broccoli slaw in place of pasta, grilled chicken breast, organic diced tomatoes (this should have been green not purple as I confused it with salsa=purple) skim mozzarella cheese and italian herbs and minced garlic



Veggie/Egg Scramble (I love veggies so there is more veggies than eggs here!) made with a little mexican hot sauce for some added flavor!

This is my new way to have my Shakeology because I LOVE these! Sometimes I even have them twice a day! click HERE for the recipe. 





I use my trusty Shakeology Shaker Cup to measure my water for the day.  According to my body weight I need to drink one of these a day (25 oz) Plus I drink about 4-6 cups of organic herbal tea to get the rest of my water intake (tea addict here!)

For my first two Challenges I used Piyo because I love yoga and pilates. For this Challenge however I wanted to step it up a notch to really get some great muscle definition, in a shorter amount of time.  Although the first week I definitely struggled with the workouts (sometimes I have to resort to the modifier before the set is done) I can see the results already and I feel so great once the workout is done. I have been sore everyday, so I not only can I see the results I can feel them too! I am sore, but not too sore, if that makes sense?  I really enjoy the workouts because I feel like the 30 mins is used to the absolute max, working as much as possible.  Something about them just makes you feel empowered! 



Week 1's a wrap! I am totally into this 21 Day Fix Extreme and although I was a little nervous at first I am completely happy I took the plunge and pushed myself out of my comfort zone. "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!" 
Bring it on Week 2!
Goals for this week: To finish out all the sets without switching over to the modifier!

Of course all of this is made so much easier (and enjoyable!) because of the support of all the wonderful women, coaches & challengers that I get to share this journey with everyday!
Interested in joining us in the next 21 Day Challenge Group? Reach out to me via Facebook HERE or fill out the form below!






Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment