Friday 1 January 2016

2016 Resolutions

Another year ends, and another begins. This is the time of year where you see, read and hear all the high hopes and claims of "A New Year, A New Me".  I can say for myself I have made empty claims to do just that more times than I can count. I think we all have. But sometimes there  come a point in your life where you mean what you say. You decide that THIS is the year you are going to take control and give yourself what you want & deserve. You WILL commit to your New Years Resolution.  Is 2016 that year for you? Boldly make your statement, don't be afraid to share in fear of the naysayers. Commit to yourself and make it known so you can keep yourself accountable. That's what I am doing.  

This year I am going to..


Be a better mother: Put my kids FIRST. Not to spoil them, but so they can have the best life possible because of all the things money can't buy. I will give them the BEST of me, not what is left of me. I will be a better role model.

I will not play the victim: I am in control. What happens to me is what I allow. And for everything I can't control I will take responsibility for my reaction to it. I will be in control of my life this year. I decide the direction it will go. The choice is mine. 

I will be a better friend: because I am very fortunate to have some amazing friends who have loved me through my not so flattery moments and chose to forgive me for not being the best friend possible in return (for being too busy playing the victim).  


I will stop being a perfectionist: I will be authentically me. Life is not perfect & that is where the beauty lies. No one relates to perfection. Be real. Be you. You might just help someone else by showing your flaws.

I will be grateful: For all I have, no matter how little or how much, there are some who have much less and suffer far worse than I could ever imagine; no More feeling sorry for myself.

I will help more: For those who do have less, and even for those who have more. Compassion goes a long way.  

I will forgive & let go: Because EVERYONE deserves forgiveness (Yes, even more than once) and holding on only makes you bitter.

I will evolve & grow: I will  go out of my comfort zone, I will challenge myself, I will push myself further than I thought possible.  For too long I put limits on myself. I didn't believe in myself enough.  This year I will.

I will make my health a priority:  because too often we take our health for granted, without it what does the rest matter?  We need to be able, we need to be alive to commit to the rest. My body is the vessel to which I will carry out everything else. This year I will take care of it.  I am starting the year off right and stepping up my health and fitness routine from last years. 




These are my New Years Resolutions for 2016. Hold me to it. What's yours? 




No comments:

Post a Comment