Wednesday 2 December 2015

My First Blog Post

Blog Freebies

Hey everyone & welcome to my Blog!

Playground Anchorage Playground Grand Manan

I'm Amanda. A stay-at home mother of two, lover of God, books, the outdoors & anything health & fitness related. I studied Criminal Justice in College, which led me to a job in Corrections. While working as a Correctional Officer I enjoyed my job to a certain extent, but felt like something was missing. I wanted to help people and in that position you are very limited in what you are able to do. I eventually moved to a small island community where I did some short-term labour work. I continued to search for something that was the right fit for me. I wanted to do something I was passionate about. Money was tight. I prayed to God to lead me to the right opportunity for me. 



Piyo Workout
While struggling with my own health & fitness at the time I stumbled upon Beachbody, more in particular, Dynasty United. Now, I am a very thorough person and I always do my research before committing to anything. So for two weeks I looked into the ins & outs of how it would work & if it would fit into my life. I kept seeing signs everywhere that this was for me. I have learned to always go with my gut (God) when I feel I am being led in a certain direction. 


Picnic on the Beach Grand Manan
I always had an interest in blogging, but I don't think I ever would have taken the time to commit to it if it were not for becoming a Coach. I was a perfectionist and ironically enough it made me a quitter. If I couldn't do something perfectly, I would quit. I started becoming what I always feared; a failure. I was failing because I was constantly quitting. Ever since I was young I was a BIG dreamer, but never had the courage to go after those dreams. I came to realize that trying to be a perfectionist (a bad habit I acquired at a VERY young age) was destroying me. It caused me many hardships and made life very difficult. When I let go of that I finally felt free. 
Amanda Cook
I decided to start this blog to share more of my story & more of who I am with the world. I was always very private and never liked to share much about my life or my struggles. Again, trying to be a perfectionist I thought I had to do everything for & by myself. It was a very lonely path to be on. I want to reach out and help others who are just like me.


In this blog I plan to share my life, my struggles, inspiration, healthy recipes, & anything health & fitness related. I can be a little random at times, so expect that too! Most importantly, do not expect a perfect blog! This is all brand-spankin new to me and as mentioned above I no longer require things to be perfect :) . Enjoy!





 photo Untitled_zpszcpovctz.png



No comments:

Post a Comment