Saturday 19 December 2015

Shakeology Christmas Treats!

Tis the season for homemade goodies & treats. Being home for the holidays has really tested my self control and my diet.  While I admit I do like to indulge in some childhood favorites, I don't think it's necessary to wreak havoc on all my hard work over the last couple months. Not only do I not want to overindulge on the sweets, but I also want to make sure my body is getting enough of what it needs! So I am making sure to drink, or in this case, eat my Shakeology every day.  So today I opted to make my own healthy treats to give me some Christmas-y comfort.  While I am not much of a baker I do love to experiment & try new things. I was quite content with how these turned out! 

After a long day of Christmas shopping I made myself a gingerbread Shakeology to drink while I worked away!
Now, as I mentioned I am not much of a baker, and I am also not much of a measurer.  I didn't haul out the measuring cups & spoons, I like to go by taste.



Gingerbread Shakeology

*1 Scoop of Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
*a dash of ground ginger, cinnamon, & almond extract.
*unsweetened vanilla almond milk & a handful of ice cubes
*blend well. (I use a magic bullet)
 (My daughter LOVES to bake and made her own treats too!)



Chocolate Candy Cane Truffle Bites


*Melted coconut oil mixed with 1 scoop of Chocolate Vegan Shakeology and approx two tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
*mix until a thick consistency and when it is able to be rolled into balls. Roll in crushed candy canes. Place in fridge to harden



Chocolate Shakeology Frogs


A childhood favorite were always my mother's Chocolate Frogs(macaroons), so I adjusted the recipe to come up with something similar!
*coconut oil and 100% pure maple syrup melted on the stove and brought to a boil.
 *remove from heat & add in 1 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology, shredded coconut & oats.
*mix well and scoop into something that will keep its shape until it hardens. I used a muffin tin & scooped a spoonful into each and placed in the freezer to harden.
*About 15 minutes later removed them from the freezer and from the muffin tin and placed in the fridge.



*Want some more tips on how to stay healthy for the holidays? Check out my previous blog post about 22 tips for how to indulge without the bulge this Christmas season.

*Looking for some more information on what Shakeology is all about? Click HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment